SAM - TRAVEL PERMISSION FOR A MINOR - MEXICO
PURPOSE OF THIS PETITION:
This program was iIntroduced in 2014, the SAM Format has been used as a facilitation and protection measure to prevent minors and adolescents who travel alone or with a third party of legal age abroad from being illegally removed from the country. The SAM Format is an alternative to the power of attorney and the document issued by the judicial authority . Unlike these two options, valid and current, parents or guardians can start the request for the SAM Format through the INM website, any day of the year, 24 hours a day and it is free. No fee.
INM REQUIREMENTS / GUIDELINES:
(1). Fill out the online form and print it.
(2). To avoid setbacks, it is recommended that you go in advance to the nearest INM Representation Office or to the points of entry and exit abroad (airports, sea and land ports) with the SAM Form already filled o t and along with the following documentation:
- Original and 3 copies of the minor's Passport
- Original and 3 copies of the minor's birth certificate
- Original and 3 copies of the current identification of the person who exercises
- parental authority or guardianship of the minor
- Original and 3 copies of the current identification of the minor's companion (in case you are traveling with a third party of legal age)
(3). Once at the INM Office, the Federal Migration Agent will review the documentation and, if there are no irregularities, will proceed to stamp the forms to give them official validity.
It is very important to mention that only INM agents are authorized to stamp the SAM Format, without this stamp, minors will not be able to leave Mexican territory even if they have their travel ticket.
Why are three copies of each of the documents requested?
When you fill out the SAM Form online, the system automatically sends three sheets to print, each of which shows who it is intended for: one for the Federal Migration Agent , another for the travel company and the third that you must keep as your user acknowledgment .
In which cases is it not necessary to present the SAM Format?
In the event that the minors travel accompanied by both parents, one of them, their legal guardian or if they are going to be repatriated to Mexico.
Important points you should know about the SAM Format:
- It is valid for six months from its issuance date and may only be used once during its validity period.
- The SAM Format is a free procedure. No fee.
- A SAM Form must be processed for each minor who is going abroad and for each trip they make.
- The user must present only the original passport of the minor and, where appropriate, the original passport of the third party who accompanies him or her, the other documents can be presented in copies.
- In no case, INM personnel may request any other requirement or additional documentation befor stamping the receipt.
- The receipt stamped by the immigration authority must be considered as valid for the place destined for the international transit of people through which the minors intend to leave the Mexican territory.
- In the case of opting for the power of attorney or requiring judicial authorization , these must also be submitted in original and two copies, together with the required documentation.
- If the minor travels alone , the process can be carried out by one or both parents .
- If the minor travels with a third party of legal age , the process must be carried out by the companion, who previously, during the filling out of the form, will enter the requested data.
- It is important that the minors also attend the day of the procedure, to avoid setbacks or delays.
- We recommend you go in advance to seal the SAM Format.
- Check the locations and hours of INM Representation Office in your city or state.
In case of irregularities detected during the stamping of your SAM Format, please contact INM hotline at 01800 00 46264
Protect your daughters and sons! If you are going to travel abroad alone or in the company of a third party, do not forget to process your SAM Form!
INM FEE: No Fee
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE IF YOU WISH TO DO IT YOURSELF
DOWNLOAD FREE INM GUIDE | NATIONWIDE IMMIGRATION LOCATIONS IN MEXICO
Our process is simple. It starts with filling out of INTITIATE LEGAL PROJECT FORM on our website. Our legal staff will review your project and contact you for more documents, details and payment to initiate your project.
We will do all your necessary paperwork, make an appointment with INM or the embassy, we will email you all the instructions. All legal documents will be filled out on INM portal, and sent to you in PDF format via email. You will need to download all the documents, review them for accuracy and sign them. Remember, you must present your own case personally in INM or the embassy. Legal reps cannot go in with you. However our staff will be available to assist you via phone from 10am to 3pm central time, Monday to Friday.
OUR FEE TO DO THE PAPERWORK FOR SAM EXIT PERMISSION FOR A MINOR: $250.00 USD
Note: Our fee is in addition to INM fees
LEGAL RELEASE STATEMENT:
You hereby expressly assume all of the risks when communicating and conducting business with suppliers or service providers. BizQro, LLC is not affiliated in any way or shape with any business arrangement with suppliers or service providers. You hereby expressly agree to forever release, discharge and hold us and our agents, employees, officers, directors, associates, affiliated companies, guides, groups leaders and sub contractors harmless against any and all liability, actions, causes of actions, suits, claims and demands of any and every kind and nature what-so-ever which you now have or which may hereafter arise our of or in connection with these risks.