Solutions for expats in Mexico

Let us assist you with various legal matters in Mexico

How to Apply for a Mexico Work Visa

The application for a Mexico Work Visa is the same as for all other types of Temporary Resident Visas . However, the difference is in the process before you apply for the visa. Before you submit a Mexico Work Visa application at the Mexican embassy, your employer has to get a Work Permit on your behalf from the National Immigration Institute. This means you must already have a job offer in Mexico beforehand. As such, the application process for a Mexico Work Visa is:

  • Find a Mexican employer
  • Your employer obtains a Mexico Work Permit for you
  • Within 15-30 days of obtaining the Work Permit, you must apply for a Temporary Resident Visa from a Mexican embassy abroad
  • Once you enter the country, you must get a Temporary Residence Card from the National Immigration Institute

How to apply for a Mexico Work Permit?

It is your employer who applies for the Mexico Work Permit on your behalf. When they apply, they must submit the following documents at the National Immigration Institute:

  • The Mexico Work Permit Request Form
  • The original job offer/contract, stating the full details of the job: your salary, the duration of your work, your position, the company’s address, etc. The letter must be written on the company’s letterhead.
  • A full photocopy of your passport
  • Your original diplomas, transcripts, and other certifications (legalized)
  • Your CV
  • Documents related to the company that’s hiring you, such as:
    • The Articles of Incorporation
    • A list of the employees and their nationalities
    • Proof the company’s paid the due taxes
  • Documents regarding your financial status (bank statements, pay slips)
    If the Work Permit application is approved, you will receive a Unique Processing Number (NUT) in a letter format which you must present to the Mexico embassy when you apply for the Temporary Resident Visa.

Can You Work in Mexico With a Visitor Visa?

If you intend to work in Mexico for less than 180 days, then you may apply for a “Visitor Visa with authorization to perform remunerated activities”. This type of Mexico visa allows the holder to work, but only for the 180 days that it is issued. Once it expires, you may not renew it. You may apply for a Working Tourist Visa at a Mexico embassy with approval from the National Immigration Institute (INM). However, if you enter Mexico with a regular Tourist Visa or Tourist Card, then you are not allowed to work.

What if I Lose or Damage my Mexican Resident Card?

If you lose or damage your Mexican Resident Card, you must visit the local immigration office and apply for a replacement. You must have the following documents with you:

  • Your passport (original and a photocopy)
  • Residence card replacement fee
  • Three pictures, two showing you face-front and one from your left side profile
  • If your resident card was damaged: Submit the Tourist Card (FMM) and your entrance Visa along with the residence card
  • If your resident card was stolen/lost: Submit the Tourist Card (FMM) and your entrance Visa
  • Form to request immigration procedure stay (here)
  • Any additional documents the immigration office may request



Our process is simple. It starts with filling out of INTITIATE LEGAL PROJECT FORM on our website. Our legal staff will review your project and contact you for more documents, details and payment to initiate your project.

We will do all your necessary paperwork, make an appointment with INM or the embassy, we will email you all the instructions. All legal documents will be filled out on INM portal, and sent to you in PDF format via email. You will need to download all the documents, review them for accuracy and sign them. Remember, you must present your own case personally in INM or the embassy. Legal reps cannot go in with you. However our staff will be available to assist you via phone from 10am to 3pm central time, Monday to Friday.

Note: Our fee is in addition to INM fees

You hereby expressly assume all of the risks when communicating and conducting business with suppliers or service providers. BizQro, LLC is not affiliated in any way or shape with any business arrangement with suppliers or service providers. You hereby expressly agree to forever release, discharge and hold us and our agents, employees, officers, directors, associates, affiliated companies, guides, groups leaders and sub contractors harmless against any and all liability, actions, causes of actions, suits, claims and demands of any and every kind and nature what-so-ever which you now have or which may hereafter arise our of or in connection with these risks.